Skip to main content

Farmhouse Flower Market Style


Today, I want to show you how to decorate from scratch to achieve a cozy inviting farmhouse style. When you are ready to take on that area of your home, there are 3 key points to consider.

1. Pick a theme
2. Choose a color
3. Use unexpected items

PICK A THEME

Let your imagination go wild! Think of a hobby you like or get inspiration from nature. How about a farmer's market stand, store front or location you love. Gather decor items that pertain to it.

CHOOSE A COLOR

Start out with 1 color and find  items  or paint  something.   For example,  an empty picture frame or Mason Jar. Use fabric in a garland or tied to a jar. Get creative with flowers and handmade crafts.

USE UNEXPECTED ITEMS

An unexpected item is something normally used outside or a salvaged piece. Old ladders, shutters, doors, etc.


Here is how I achieved this Farmhouse Flower Market Theme



I took an old ladder that I found on the side of the road  and painted black. This will anchor the wall. Now to fill in the empty space, I used a door picture frame that I bought on clearance for $3.00 at The Christmas Tree Shop. I put pieces of fabric in the spaces where the pictures go. I'm using a wall candle holder as a mason jar rack. I bent the metal spaces where the candle holders went.  I pulled the leaves out to hold the jars. I made the vintage style flower seed packets, added baskets with flowers. Finally, I added the farm animal trio that I sell in my Etsy store.
etsy.com/shop/charmingsquare
You can be crafty with things you already have in your home. I've been doing this for years. It saves me money and gives me that creative outlet I need.



L

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WINTER FARMHOUSE KITCHEN DECOR

Christmas has come and gone. Now is the time to change up the decor. I thought I would start with my recent purchases from Hobby Lobby. I changed the theme from Christmas Lodge to a baking theme. I brought in my large farmhouse sign over the window to start.  I hung a rolling pin, cutting board and old sifter on my handmade wall rack. Behind it lays a rag garland. Added some green branches with pine cones in the mason jars. Above that is my fresh baked cookies sign. My rustic ladder at the end of the wall with some baskets and such. I finally got a tiered tray that has a s’mores theme to it. Jars filled with chocolate chips, Golden Grahams and mini marshmallows. Two garland wreaths and handmade marshmallows on sticks. A tablecloth and ruffled runner to complete this look. This should get me through the winter season until I add some Valentine’s Day decor in February.   Please visit my Instagram page for more inspiration     instagram.com/dinamichel...

Getting Healthy

Well it happened! I'm on a diet. I have got to be healthier. My mood has been grouchy, feeling unmotivated, eating my troubles away. You come to a point where you got to change something! I have to go all or nothing, but I will not deprive myself.  So I started with looking up healthy, low carb meals and smoothies on Pinterest. I started 2 boards    pinterest.com/dinamichele08    I will be adding more to these boards regularly. I don't want this to be too hard and not achievable. It also has to be inexpensive. So I thought let me try what I have on hand in the house that is healthy. I had a box of Carnation instant breakfast and saw a smoothie recipe on the back. So that's where it begins. Smoothies for lunch or my lunch prequel. Something to fill me up so I don't over eat at lunch. Breakfast will consist of a low carb or no carb choice. I had eggs, so lunch is a scrambled egg with a slice of cheese melted plus a cup of coffee. Dinner option was chicken b...

FRENCH COUNTRY HUTCH DIY

 This traditional style hutch was here when we bought our house. It originally had a mirrored back.  At first, this didn’t bother me too much until Pinterest happened. It seemed like everyone was chalk painting their hutches. I didn’t want to change the whole look, but I did want to get rid of the dated mirrored back. So what do you think I did? Chalkboard paint baby!  This small investment in an $11.00 paint was worth a shot. It was scary at the first coat of paint because it looked like it wasn’t going to work. I decided to press on. Guess what? It worked! I will take at least 3 coats of paint.  The next step was to take the glass out of the doors so I could view the decorations better.  Here are a few close up photos of my decor.