Skip to main content

FRENCH COUNTRY HUTCH DIY


 This traditional style hutch was here when we bought our house. It originally had a mirrored back.

 At first, this didn’t bother me too much until Pinterest happened. It seemed like everyone was chalk painting their hutches. I didn’t want to change the whole look, but I did want to get rid of the dated mirrored back. So what do you think I did? Chalkboard paint baby!

 This small investment in an $11.00 paint was worth a shot. It was scary at the first coat of paint because it looked like it wasn’t going to work. I decided to press on. Guess what? It worked! I will take at least 3 coats of paint.

 The next step was to take the glass out of the doors so I could view the decorations better.

 Here are a few close up photos of my decor.













I hope this inspires you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Healthy

Well it happened! I'm on a diet. I have got to be healthier. My mood has been grouchy, feeling unmotivated, eating my troubles away. You come to a point where you got to change something! I have to go all or nothing, but I will not deprive myself.  So I started with looking up healthy, low carb meals and smoothies on Pinterest. I started 2 boards    pinterest.com/dinamichele08    I will be adding more to these boards regularly. I don't want this to be too hard and not achievable. It also has to be inexpensive. So I thought let me try what I have on hand in the house that is healthy. I had a box of Carnation instant breakfast and saw a smoothie recipe on the back. So that's where it begins. Smoothies for lunch or my lunch prequel. Something to fill me up so I don't over eat at lunch. Breakfast will consist of a low carb or no carb choice. I had eggs, so lunch is a scrambled egg with a slice of cheese melted plus a cup of coffee. Dinner option was chicken b...

Styling Tiered Trays

    Styling a tiered tray can be a daunting task. How do you even  start? I am going to show you how to make it happen.  First: Theme pick your holiday, season or subject Second: Gather shop your home, go to the Target dollar spot, thrift shops etc. Third: Repetition  I like to buy in three’s and two’s  keeping the same piece on each level brings continuity  Fourth: Scale Larger items at the bottom, smaller at the top This is pleasing to the eyes! Fifth: Be Creative  There are no limits to what you can achieve! Use your imagination and it will naturally flow! I hope this helps you have fun decorating your trays!

STRIVING FOR MORE