Skip to main content

STRIVING FOR MORE

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother’s Day Tiered Tray

A new idea for your tiered tray styling.  For me it takes a lot of work to figure out how to style these trays. I think the best way is to have a theme and then rummage through the house like a maniac! (just kidding) Try finding unique items like this Willow Tree figure. Old vintage tea cups and saucers bring in some pink with the addition of books that happen to say Mom in the title.(thanks Joyce Meyers) Try and use repetition of colors for a more cohesive look. I always add some greenery and flowers too.  Now get going!....

French Country Decorating with bonus video

Welcome to my home. I want to begin with a few photos of decorating ideas by themselves and finish with a short video of the room. As you view the photos I hope you find inspiration to decorate your own home. First, here is my two rustic shelves with accessories. Alongside it is my book pages which are taped to the wall. To the right a simple canvas picture and underneath is a  black metal basket that is filled with a  spool of rope and burlap bird. Next is a sentimental display. Family is very important to me. Memories of loved ones in my life. My husbands grandma loved quilting and sewing. I displayed her sewing machine. On the top is 3 boxes, each one is filled with sewing notions. Lastly, my hutch with chalkboard painted back. It is filled with a combination of glass, metal and wood decorations. Video

Getting Healthy

Well it happened! I'm on a diet. I have got to be healthier. My mood has been grouchy, feeling unmotivated, eating my troubles away. You come to a point where you got to change something! I have to go all or nothing, but I will not deprive myself.  So I started with looking up healthy, low carb meals and smoothies on Pinterest. I started 2 boards    pinterest.com/dinamichele08    I will be adding more to these boards regularly. I don't want this to be too hard and not achievable. It also has to be inexpensive. So I thought let me try what I have on hand in the house that is healthy. I had a box of Carnation instant breakfast and saw a smoothie recipe on the back. So that's where it begins. Smoothies for lunch or my lunch prequel. Something to fill me up so I don't over eat at lunch. Breakfast will consist of a low carb or no carb choice. I had eggs, so lunch is a scrambled egg with a slice of cheese melted plus a cup of coffee. Dinner option was chicken breasts d